Friday, February 4, 2011

El Salvador!

     Our outreach destinations were announced today and God called me to El Salvador! (On this map its the little red country surrounded by Guatemala and Honduras) There are 6 others that will be on my team and two leaders. The rest of my DTS friends will be going to Turkey and I cannot even begin to describe the excitement in the air! Our leadership staff are still praying about what we will be doing there and where exactly we be staying, but they determined that I need $1,475 to get there and I am so blessed to announce that I have enough!!! Thank you all so much for your support! I am so thankful for everything you have done for me and I ask that you will continue to keep me in your prayers! I can't wait to share more stories in the months to come!
    In other news, this week we had Jeff Pratt as our guest speaker and he talked on the father heart of God. I cried every day. Haha. Really truly! I broke myself apart for God and vulnerably and obediently emptied my heart of lies and worldly mindsets and now we are working on filling ourselves with all of his glory! What a powerful week! my favorite learnings were that 1) we can only have as much love for God as we realize he has for us. 2) That He want's to be fully known, not just intellectually, but that its a head AND heart experience. 3) That when we worship God it must be base on his worth, not on how I'm feeling that day. And 4) That spiritual disciplines are how we receive life transforming grace and power that we can't have unless we walk the way Jesus did.
Cool, right?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Brittany! This is Christian! I hope you are going to have great time in Al Savador!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brittany! this is Tara! i hope ur having a gr8 time! miss u so much and am rlly enjoying ur posts! i decided i am going to check ur blog spot religiously now! love u and am praying for u alaways <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brittany,
    this is Sabrina Bailey on Orcas.your mom showed me this blog/site. it is so cool that you get to go to El Salvador. you are my new role model. i am going to pray for you evrey day and when i grow up i want to be just like you. i think it is awesome what you are doing and keep it up. you rock!!!! if you ever come back to Orcas please let me know.

    thanks alot
    Sabrina Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi brittany hope your havin the time of your life when u get to belize and its me violet! i rlly enjoy ur posts and stories there really great! and its reading time right now its about 1:25 over at orcas i miss u hope u come bac to visit orcas again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Britt, I love you and miss you lots! I'm substituting for Mr. Slavens today. For reading time some of the kids read your blog spot and commented. It's nice to find out where you will be going next. The kids got a bit of a geography lesson today. : ) I miss you and I look forward to you telling me details about your adventure when you get home.
    XOXO Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I am at the Chalet again this week with a group from Sequim. It is cold and snowing, thinking of the sunny shores of Ambergis

    ReplyDelete