Wednesday, November 3, 2010

First Fundraiser!

      
        For my first fundraiser event I put on an interactive follow the leader type event where participants downloaded a free Mp3 file (that I created) onto their iPods, and then met on Western Washington University's campus on a thursday night and pressed play at the same time. The Mp3 file was a mix of music and funny instructions to do fun and silly things together as a huge group. About 50 people came and everyone had a lot of fun! Some friends even traveled all the way from Seattle to support me! I worked for about a month on it and there was even a reporter from WWU's newspaper who did an article on it. Overall, it barely made a DENT in my fundraising goal... but it was a lot of fun and helped to get me one step closer   to Belize! You can check out more details on my event on this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment